Join us to ensure the success of our growing international business!
About Us: HY+ Ltd is a company owned by the University of Helsinki Funds. Our diverse services are built upon the university’s expertise. We offer impactful, timely, and practical training and development solutions for individuals, businesses, and organizations. Globally, HY+ offers services particularly for the education sector. HY+ designs solutions for governments, international organizations, companies, universities, and schools. Our current project portfolio includes training, technical assistance and consultancy projects, which aim at enhancing quality assurance, system evaluation and assessment, educational leadership, teacher training, curriculum development, learning environment and materials development, and are based on the latest pedagogical research.
Purpose of the Position
We are looking for a seasoned International Project Manager to manage our project portfolio and run project operations in Asia, Africa, and the Gulf countries. You will work hands-on with Finnish and international project team members to ensure smooth implementation of project activities, budget management, timely donor communication and reporting.
To succeed in this role you will need
- Relevant higher education degree
- Demonstrated experience (5+ years) of successfully managing and coordinating international projects and project operations
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, resilience, and ability to work under pressure
- Understanding of Results Based Management
- Excellent spoken and written English skills
- Exceptional social and interpersonal skills and collaborative mindset
- Readiness to work in different time zones and to travel for work
Highly desirable skills and attributes
- Proficiency in Finnish
- Proficiency in other languages
- Experience of working with development financing institutions (ADB, MFA Finland, WB) and ODA-funded projects.
- Knowledge of global development trends in the education sector
- Experience of planning, facilitating and organizing trainings
What We Offer:
- Independent role with a great responsibility, yet flexibility and backing from an experienced, agile team for support.
- Salary range approximately 4300-4800 euro/month depending on experience.
- Health and Wellness Benefits: Occupational health services by Mehiläinen. Enjoy access to fitness, cultural, and well-being perks through ePassi.
- Flexible Work Arrangements: Our office is located on University of Helsinki City Centre Campus, but we work flexibly in a hybrid mode.
- Meaningful Work: Be at the heart of the educational world. Our team is committed to responsible and ethical practices, data-driven decision-making, and evidence-based knowledge. We believe in facts and researched information.
- Social Impact: HY+ holds the Social Enterprise Mark, recognizing companies that use a significant portion of their profits to address societal or environmental challenges.
HY+ Transforming Education Together
Please let us know why you would like to join our team and send your CV to email@example.com by March 4. We are happy to answer any questions you may have, please contact Lead Expert Riikka Hälikkä (firstname.lastname@example.org; telephone hours Feb 20 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and Feb 27 from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. +358 50 3768 408) or Lead Expert Minna Saadé (email@example.com). Shortlisted applicants will be invited for the first round of interviews during weeks 11-12.